from email@example.com to firstname.lastname@example.org on 23 Jan 15:47
This is a small project I’m working on for the gbscontrol. It functions as a remote to change saved profiles via wifi using a Raspberry Pi Pico W. With the addition of filters to the analogue pocket dock, I wanted to be able to quickly change presets without having to launch the web UI. When its ready, it will be fully open sourced.
What’s working well:
- Using the webui to configure gbscontrol hostname and adding wifi credentials.
- Loading profiles and scrolling via the joystick and buttons.
- Refreshing profiles via joystick press.
- Help messages when it can’t connect to wifi or load options from gbscontrol
What needs improvement:
- More status indicators on the screen. It can appear frozen when it’s working.
- Make UI more mobile friendly.
- Clean up the code base, I don’t use python very often and it shows.
- 3D printed enclosure, guess I finally have to go beyond tinkercad.